As part of the Data Papers Group, at DocuSource we aim to improve environmental sustainability year over year. There are multiple ways in which we look to offset our carbon footprint across each facility.
- By utilizing Best in Industry Practices beginning in 2002 The Data Papers Group continues to keep Plantwide Scrap Paper Waste below industry standards. In 2003 the company initiated a Process Improvement Program. This was vital to our organization in cutting down on waste, improving processes and reducing the number of steps in the supply chain.
- Both supplier and consumable waste is recycled; paper waste, old ink and toner, packing materials, aluminum cans and plastic bottles.
- We utilize GreenLine\Refurbished Office equipment, when possible, to show our commitment to the environment. This remanufacturing process follows strict ISO 9001:2002 requirements with devices being certified, tested, and updated before they are made available to us.
- 40% of our offset volume is run off a UV press. Our UV Printing has an innovative drying method. This method uses UV Light to cure the ink in a matter of seconds, which saves on the emissions of VOCs (UV inks emit less than 1% VOCs). This is a fraction of the time it would take for printers that use heat for the same goal.
- Digital Printing (also referred to as Print on Demand) backs sustainability. Digital printers produce less CO2 emissions compared to more traditional printing presses. These machines produce less waste than conventional equipment and we encourage customers to only print what is needed at that time.